R2CORBA 1.4.1 released. Now provides Ruby Gem support!
The most important changes in this release are:
- Replacement of the 'old' setup.rb based build system by a Rake based build system
- Added support for distribution/installation of R2CORBA as a Ruby Gem
- Added new r2corba tool script. Currently provides support for running included regression tests after gem installation.
- all fixes for OSPortal issues
- and more (see the CHANGES document in the distribution)
- 100% native Ruby IDL compiler;
- support for direct IDL inclusion in Ruby code;
- support for Ruby CORBA clients;
- support for Ruby CORBA servants;
- support for all IDL defined datatypes;
- and more...
Source packages are available for download at files files section at OSPortal.
Distribution of prebuilt RPMs through OBS has been discontinued in favour of the now available Gem distribution.
NOTE 1: If you are using the Ruby Version Manager (RVM) be sure to carefully read this section of the installation instructions.