The rise in urbanization has given way to buildings being constructed in every empty space you see. Increasing demand for living and workspaces has led to making construction sites a common scenario in the modern-day city. We come across construction workers working many hours a day, day or night, to finish the construction of these buildings and getting them ready for occupation. A common sight at such constructions is skeleton structures supporting the original structure. This is a very important part of the construction process and is known as scaffolding.
Meaning of scaffolding
Scaffolding Bromley , as called staging, is a non-permanent structure that is put up around the actual structure to support it. It also acts as a platform for workers to work on construction. A scaffold is normally made out of sturdy material like metal or timber because it should be able to hold the weight of the material and the workmen while they are doing their work. The type of scaffolding changes based on the type of construction.
Types of scaffolding
- Trestle scaffolding: In this type of scaffolding, the working platform is supported on movable tripods or ladders. This is normally used for work done inside a room, like restorative work, work on paintings, repairs, etc. It has a height of up to 5 meters.
- Suspended scaffolding: Suspended scaffolding is where the working platform is suspended from the roof using wire ropes or chains and it can be raised or lowered to the height required. This kind of scaffolding is used in repair works, pointing, paintings, etc.
- Patented scaffolding: Patented scaffolding is fully made of steel. However, this kind of scaffolding has equipment like special couplings and frames. These are premade scaffoldings that are available in the market. In patented scaffolding, the working platform is formed on brackets that are adjustable to the level required.
- Cantilever scaffolding: This is also known as single frame scaffolding. In cantilever scaffolding, the standards are supported by a series of needles that are pulled out from holes made in the wall. This type of scaffoli=ding has limited use and needs to be installed carefully. Cantilever scaffolding can be used when the top of the wall is being constructed, when the ground cannot support the standards or when the ground is close to the wall and doesn’t have traffic.
- Steel scaffolding: As suggested by the name, steel scaffolding is one where steel pipes are used which are set by couplers so it is easy to put together and apart. Steel scaffolding has many benefits but also costs more. It provides more safety during construction for the workmen as the structure is fireproof, strong and durable. Steel scaffolding is primarily used in outdoor constructions and big structures.
- Kwikstage scaffolding: Kwikstage scaffolding is created from galvanized steel and is best known for its ease of installation. It is very easy to assemble as well as to disintegrate and can be used in both big and small constructions. Kwikstage scaffolding can be used in place of regular scaffold to provide a more safe and strong work platform for workers, as it is created with a good interlocking system. The patented Kwikstage scaffold can be customized according to any height.